NOTE: There will be NO pruning demonstrations on Sunday, March 24. We have finished pruning the garden (all 1000+ bushes)!
2019 Albuquerque Rose Society Meetings are held on the second Wednesday (except for January, June, July and August) at 7 p.m. at the Albuquerque Garden Center (see map below). Everyone is welcome, members and non-members alike.
Meetings are held February through May at the Albuquerque Garden Center. Each meeting includes a special rose-related program with topics ranging from how to landscape with roses to learning about the hidden stories behind our favorite rose names. Refreshments are served and a brief business meeting is held afterward.
In May we gather at the Albuquerque Rose Garden (at the Tony Hillerman Library) for our First Blooms in the Garden Party.
Our June meeting is generally a Summer Patio Party at the home of one of our members.
Meetings are suspended in July and August to allow us to tend our own roses.
Regular meetings resume in September, October and November.
Our December meeting is our Annual Holiday Party held at a local restaurant.
Albuquerque Rose Society
2019 Program Schedule
- January – no meeting
- February 13, 2019 : Pros and Cons of Bare Root Roses, Claudia Bonnett
- March 13, 2019: John’s Brew – Fertilizing and Soil Testing, John Lucero
- April 10, 2019 : Photo Shoot – Matting and Other Techniques in Photography, Bill Farmer
- May 8, 2019: Get Ready! Get Set! Show! Prepping for a Rose Show, Jack Ortega
- May 4, 2019: Celebration of the Garden’s First Bloom: Albuquerque Rose Garden . 10-noon.
- June 2019: Patio Party
- July 2019 – no meeting
- August 2019: Ice Cream Social at the Albuquerque Rose Garden
- September 11, 2019: Safety First – Personal Safety Techniques in the Garden, Janet Dooley
- October 9, 2019: Gorgeous Roses in the Desert – Techniques for Beating the Heat, Lou Pavlovich
- November 13, 2019: Tis the Season – Holiday Decorating, Andy Core
- December 2019: Christmas Party
Albuquerque Rose Society meetings are held monthly at the
Albuquerque Garden Center–-see map above, at 7 p.m.
Tuesday nights, All Summer, 6:30 p.m.
Deadheading in the Rose Garden, Tony Hillerman Library begins weekly in June and continues throughout the summer. Please help us deadhead our roses…bring your gloves and clippers, and look for the folks in the blue or green T-shirts. All are welcome, members and non-members. If you aren’t sure what to do, bring your clippers and we will show you!