Members of the Albuquerque Rose Society will be on hand at Osuna Nursery April 20 and 21st to answer questions and give advice on picking the best roses for a home garden.
2018 Albuquerque Rose Society Meetings are held on the second Wednesday (except for January, June, July and August) at 7 p.m. at the Albuquerque Garden Center (see map below). Everyone is welcome, members and non-members alike.
Meetings are held February through May at the Albuquerque Garden Center. Each meeting includes a special rose-related program with topics ranging from how to landscape with roses to learning about the hidden stories behind our favorite rose names. Refreshments are served and a brief business meeting is held afterward.
In May we gather at the Albuquerque Rose Garden (at the Tony Hillerman Library) for our First Blooms in the Garden Party.
Our June meeting is generally a Summer Patio Party at the home of one of our members.
Meetings are suspended in July and August to allow us to tend our own roses.
Regular meetings resume in September, October and November.
Our December meeting is our Annual Holiday Party held at a local restaurant.
Albuquerque Rose Society 2018 Year Highlights:
- February 14, 2018 Meeting: “Pruning Climbing Roses and Others,” presented by member Karen Cordova, using videos of pruning, with panel members John Lucero, and Carroll Sue Wagner.
- March 14, 2018 Meeting: “Budding and Grafting Roses,” presented by our guest speaker from Arizona, Steve Sheard, Master Consulting Rosarian.
- April 11, 2018 Meeting: “Buying and Selecting Roses,” presented by member Suzy Andrego with panel members.
- May 9, 2018 Meeting: “Summer Rose Care,” presented by Bill Farmer with panel members.
- May 12, 2018: First Bloom Party, 5 p.m. weather permitting, Rose Garden.
- Rose Show: May 19-20, 2018, Beth Baker and Janet Dooley, Chairs
- June 16 2018: Patio Party at Suzy Andrego’s residence.
- July 2018: No meeting
- August 18, 2018: Ice Cream Social at Rose Garden.
- September 12, 2018 Meeting: “How to Identify Roses” presented by Claudia Bonnet with panel members Al Troyer and Carroll Sue.
- October 10, 2018 Meeting: “Roses for Dummies,” presented by Katrine Stewart with panel members Juanita and Jack Ortega, and John Lucero.
- November 14, 2018 Meeting: “Preparing Roses for winter,” presented by Karen Cordova with panel members.
- December 15, 2018: Annual Holiday Party at Macaroni Grill, Uptown.
Albuquerque Rose Society meetings are held monthly at the
Albuquerque Garden Center–-see map above, at 7 p.m.